About Us


InterContinental Yokohama Grand


Newly-developed "Minato Mirai 21" waterfront area in Yokohama. Minato Mirai 21 has become the new commercial center of Yokohama, and within this area, the hotel is located right on the harbor next to the "Pacifico Yokohama" international convention center and exhibition hall.

Owned & Operated

Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co., Ltd.

Physical Data

31 floors above ground, 1 basement floor
Height : 140 meters
Site area : approx. 102,000 ㎡
Structure area : approx. 70,000 ㎡


Number of guest rooms : 594
Number of banquet rooms : 15
Number of restaurants : 6
Number of lounges and bars : 2
Number of parking spaces : 1,188 (Minato Mirai Public Parking)


Nikken Sekkei Ltd.


August 20, 1991

General Description

The hotel is the first in Japan to be operated directly by the InterContinental Hotels and Resorts international chain. InterContinental Hotels and Resorts operates over 180 hotels throughout the world. These elegant hotels and resorts reflect the unique characteristics of the surrounding culture and environment.

In addition to being an international hotel catering to the various needs of business travelers, it also has the feel of a resort hotel. Approximately 45% of the InterContinental Yokohama Grand's overnight guests are business travelers, and the remaining 55% stay at the hotel for pleasure.

An International Hotel
Located adjacent to an international convention and exhibit hall, the InterContinental Yokohama Grand caters to the needs of international business travelers and during conventions, provides the premium services and facilities demanded by such events.

A Relaxing and Tranquil Urban Resort
Located on the Yokohama waterfront, the hotel provides the relaxing feel of an urban resort that is enhanced by details such as open, airy spaces and oversized windows in guest rooms. The hotel provides a spectacular, unobstructed, panoramic view of the Yokohama harbor, and at night, the night view rooms also offer beautiful vistas of the Yokohama city lights. The view from any room gives our guests the relaxing sensation of escaping the hustle and bustle of the city.

Building Shaped Like a Yacht Under Sail
The buildings along the waterfront of the Minato Mirai 21 area were designed to evoke the ocean. The conference center resembles a shell, the exhibit hall evokes the image of a wave, and the InterContinental Yokohama Grand is shaped like a yacht under sail. The hotel's exterior lighting is also quite unique. It conforms to the phases of the moon such that during a new moon the hotel is brightly lit, but during a full moon the lights are dimmer. So at night the yacht under sail becomes a moon on the earth.

InterContinental Yokohama Grand

1-1-1 Minato Mirai Nishi-ku Yokohama, Kanagawa 220 8522 Japan

Tel:+81 (0)45 223 2222
Fax:+81 (0)45 221 0650

This hotel is owned and operated by the Yokohama Grand InterContinental Hotel Co. Ltd.

Our website uses cookies, in accordance with our policy of protection of privacy. By using our website and agreeing to this policy, you consent to our use of cookies in accordance with the terms of this policy. Find out more by readingOK